- ★EASY START: just place on a mug of hot water and give it a spin and you're up and running; as long as enough temperature difference maintains, it will keep running like Forrest Gump. People will be shocked and surprised once this little engine start to work. It will definitely be a GREAT CONVERSATION PIECE on your desk.
- ★WIDE APPLICATIONS: people bought it for kids' science project, physics/mechanics learning, demonstration on class, etc. It's a well-designed and crafted mechanical toy; great to display basic principle of external combustion engines; fantastic gift for people you love. Many people bought our machines as gift to families, teachers, friends, boyfriends and seldom will our machines failed to cheer them up!
- ★MOST CLASSICAL STIRLING ENGINE: with elegant design and fine workmanship, this is a beautiful piece of art. Many people are satisfied with the fit and finish of our engine.
- ★SAFE FOR KIDS: Complies with the applicable regulations and standards under CPSIA and any other acts enforced by CPSC; passed Toxic Elements Test/Flammability Test/Physical and Mechanical Test of ASTM-963 Standard Customer Safety Specification For Toy Safety.
- ★RISK-FREE SERVICE: if the one you receive does not work, which rarely happens, simply send us a message and we will mail you another FREE WITH NO HESITATION; or you can send us a message to request for a refund, we will refund you WITH NO HESITATION and you DO NOT have to mail it back. Like we promised, you risk NOTHING!
This engine is driven by the temperature differential between the top and bottom plates. To make temperature differential, simply put it on a cup of hot water or on top of ice. The speed depends on the temperature differential: the higher, the faster. It can reach a speed around 220-250 RPM when in good condition.
This product complies with the applicable regulations and standards under CPSIA and any other acts enforced by CPSC. It passed ASTM-F963 Standard Customer Safety Specification For Toy Safety Toxic Elements Test/Flammability Test/Physical and Mechanical Test.
Please note that we detached the flywheel from the stand to ensure its safety while shipping. It is easy to put it back.
What's it for:
*Kids' science project
*Put on your table
*You want to spend money but don't want to spend too much
Speed: 60-220 RPM(revolutions per minute)
Operating temperature differential: about 54-63°F
Continuous rotation time on a cup of boiling water: about 30-50 minutes
Material: carbon steel, nickel-plated carbon steel, stainless steel, glass, bronze, PVC foam and plastics*
Overall size: 4.06x4.06x4.92 inch (L/W/H)
Size of flywheel: 3.43x0.23 inch (Diameter/Thickness)
Inner diameter of power cylinder: 0.61 inch
Net Weight: 0.52 lb
*User manual x1
Stirling engine is traditionally classified as an external combustion engine. Please refer to wikipedia for more information.